Many Inventors trying to bring their product ideas promote are totally crushed by rejection. So, I thought I gives a connected with some belonging to the reasons you could obtain gotten discarded. It does not cover every reason you can get rejected, but hopefully wanted something start thinking about.
You really have to realize that inventing is fundamentally a numbers game! Yes, you still need to enjoy a good idea but you will discover that in spite of how to patent good an insurance policy you could imagine it that you may still get rejected. Many marketable ideas are rejected all time. Even if it does not make sense to you that they would reject an example that they agree could be profitable. Here are a couple common explanations why even marketable ideas are rejected.
1. A lot more claims may already have a complete collection of products and not seeking add much more.
2. Product or service is outside their marketplace.
3. You sent your submission to the wrong person in the company – don’t assume they’ll automatically send it to the right one.
4. You sent the idea unsolicited without contacting firm first to check their submission policy, and they rejected it solely on that basis.
5. You didn’t have proper contact regarding your submission. (That is one of the greatest mistakes Inventors make. An additional will not bother for you to trace you on paper.)
6. They have too many similar products and that sector is flooded adequately.
7. Your idea interests a very little niche market and would like mass market items.
8. The price to manufacture versus the return on investment as well high.
9. Revenue sheet didnrrrt WOW them and lacked consumer benefits information or was overloaded with significantly information to sort by simply.
10. Your products has already been patented by someone else and how to patent an idea or product don’t want to find out if they should go around it or risk infringement trouble.
11. Your products or idea isn’t better than what is definitely on the actual marketplace. This tells them you didn’t research your idea well and don’t need a clue who competitors is thats available.
12. You sent a specific thing that is strictly like their current product and that current product is a marginal seller. So yours won’t fare any benefit.
13. Your idea is outdated or perhaps is on the downswing whenever compared with what is on its way out the year after.
14. They already have a better solution than yours the actual world works for release that coming yr. (This is also where Inventors may scream the company stole their idea although the company has already invested in molds, engineering, samples, etc prior to your Inventor contacting the company about their idea. This happens a significant. Inventors forget that they are not the only ones creating.)
15. These have received a comparable idea from another Inventor and are developed in negotiations with this Inventor.
16. You need to posted your idea unprotected online in one of those invention posting sites where others vote on your products to see if there is interest. Your public disclosure makes the concerned whether any patent protection will be allowed and turns it down depending that issue.
17. You posted your unprotected idea and video of the running prototype online and have a significant involving hits. It can raises the concern whether any patent would be possible due to your public disclosure.
18. You stated that you should have an issued patent, whenever they do a quick look up your patent they identify that it has lapsed resulting from non-payment of fees and has now been lapsed significantly over the due date. Making the chances of it being reinstated unlikely.
19. You’ve got patent, truly was poorly written and doesn’t cover specific product. (This happens a lot)
20. It is easy to design patent and designing around your patent is a straightforward task, to ensure that you they can expect very little protection in the marketplace.
21. Sometimes the company you have approached just doesn’t the outside ideas and doesn’t publicize individuals. So you get a rejection letter, but which are explain they don’t really look beyond the company.
22. You sent them your product but these have decided to the line for the year together with following year and are not open to taking on anything else at period.
23. Sufficiently consider items with a sales history they can review your item by no means been being produced or sold stores or online. To ensure that do n’t want to go ahead and take risk of being the first company advertising it.
As I stated above these are simply a few of the reasons you can have your idea/product rejected by a company. Really take time to on your own and understand your market, your place in that market and plenty of research part different yourself as marketable as is feasible.